Sep 4, 2008

Echoing my friend Katie...

Katie has been ranting on her blog as of late about the recent developments in the '08 presidential race (check out her blog HERE) and I just wanted to take a minute to say a big, "Amen, Sister!".

Let's be frank. No GOP candidate is going to be a Hillary Substitute. Yes...it sucks that your team didn't win the nomination, but the alternatives (not voting or voting for McCain) are not going to move this country in a direction that any of us should feel comfortable with and/or proud of. This year aside, OUR team (that is, the Democrats and rationality) has been treated like the neighbor's asshole dog and kicked around with no one really doing anything about it. We gave up the White House twice in a row to a tyrant and have allowed our civil liberties and freedoms to be --oooh...I just saw a blue jay out my window-- treated like commodities and not rights. I'm not claiming to know enough about politics to argue any specific agenda, but I know enough about the type of country I DON'T want to live in to know that the only people I trust to avoid the terror that another GOP term would wrought are Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Yes...I just used the word "wrought". Deal with it.

Also...kudos to Katie for her stance on abortion. Pro-Choice is NOT Pro-"lets kill all the babies". What ever happened to the simplest tenet of Christianity, "Do unto others..." and all that? If you wouldn't want me or someone with a differing point of view to be screaming at you about the error of YOUR way of thinking, why would you do that to me? Logic people...try it. Just because you believe you are taking the moral high-ground DOES NOT make you a good person. I don't believe Jesus ever taught his followers (and I do know...I WAS a Christian for longer than I haven't been...) to go out and berate people who didn't accept his teaching.

There...a post that has nothing to do with how awesome I think Ryan is. DOH! :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl...and whatnot. Here's my suggestion to you: as we're both intelligent, strong, passionate women we should devote the next 4 years of our life (so help us God *or non-denominational entity* if McCain wins) to making sure this doesn't happen again. We watched it happen 4 years ago and felt we couldn't stop it--I'm all for us being delegates in 2012. Yay or nay?

Jamie said...

I'm going with YAY!!